STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Once you have verified your email, login with your User Name and password. Then go to your "ACCOUNT SETTINGS" (upper right icon).
2. Now at the top of the LEFT side panel, click on the top word "CHANNEL".
3. Then on the right side you will see 2 white boxes. Put your Channel Name in the 1st box (the one on the left). Your Channel's url will automatically appear in the right hand box.
4. Then click the button below that says: "Create New Channel". Your Channel will appear as a large box directly below. New channels will appear in alphabetical order.
5. Click on that large rectangle below, and it will take you to your channel page. Then click on the word "Settings" on the right side of the purple header. Here you can design what your Channel will look like (add a banner, upload a profile pic, etc.) and whether your channel will be PRIVATE or not. You can add more info about yourself under the ABOUT tab. Feel free to add links to your social media and other (even Adult) sites here and in the description box under each video.
6. Your channel will be automatically ENABLED. If you should need to disable (or pause) it, click the ENABLE CHANNEL button. And remember to click SAVE after every change.
7. Then go back to the TOP bar and click on VIDEOS. Click "Upload New Video" in the gray panel.
(YOU WILL EDIT YOUR VIDEO BEFORE UPLOADING - REMEMBER TO GO BACK AND ADD A THUMBNAIL AFTER UPLOADING)
8. Create a TITLE (for example: "Guitar Basics"), choose a Main Category from the dropdown menu and a Subcategory (click on it twice if needed). You may create a new Subcategory if you need to. Fill out the upload form.
9. Add PRICES (or just leave the default pricing) if you have connected a Stripe account) or click the Free option. You do not need a Stripe account to list content for free.
10. Add TAGS, and a description (here you can give your contact information, if you like. As well as describing the video and what you can do.
11. You would click DEMO under HOW-TO TYPE, if it is just a performance, or FULL CLASS if it is an actual lesson. Click OTHER if you are not sure what to put.
12. And then rate it "ALL AUDIENCES" if there is no nudity, violence, or adult topic and it is safe for children. If it is rated "MATURE", fill out the new options that appear. For example, Cultural Nudity (for Nude Lifestyle videos). Click all that apply. You will be asked for ID for the Nude Lifestyle category.
13. Then click the purple button at the bottom that says "Go to Upload Video". Now click on the words in the center to find your video and upload it. Click MUTE AUDIO if you'd like and then UPLOAD. You should see a % bar.
This is a 2 step process. First it will upload then it will process.
14. The larger the video, the longer this will take. Once your video is uploaded, you will see 3 buttons. Click on the top button "EDIT VIDEO". Here you can change things, if you like. And choose your THUMBNAIL PICTURE from the video, or upload your own.
15. When you are done, click the PUBLISH button at the bottom (to the right of the Save button) and then hit SAVE to actually PUBLISH your video.
Now the next time you upload a video, you can click a purple button on the top of the EDIT page to automatically add the info from your last video to your next video - and still change anything that needs to be changed.
This should get you started.
Thank you for joining the HowTubes.TV family!